Monday 6 April 2015

The new Nike Free 5.0 Trainer


Recently, I've been thinking more and more about my fitness. While my lungs and legs can carry me for about an hour, and I can shimmy up a few walls at VauxWall, I still feel that I'm struggling.

Running can be torture on my joints, feet, and calves. Climbing on my shoulders, arms, and core.

It's not enough just to keep running and to keep climbing, I need to improve the muscle strength and flexibility required for both activities.


That's where training comes in. Something drilled in to me pretty hard at a Nike NFL fitness camp last year. It was only a couple of hours, but boy do those NFL guys work hard on every single muscle needed for the game.

With the launch of the new Nike Free 5.0 Trainers, Nike are at their best again, not just advertising the shoe, but introducing it in the context it was designed for.



This video with Rory McIlroy, for instance, is a great example of the sort of fitness work I'm looking to do more of. Focus on core strength, focus on balance, focus on posture, focus on flexibility.

I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment