Monday 22 June 2015

Tom Cridland | The 30 Year Sweatshirt



We've been without a washing machine for a couple of weeks. That means trips to the laundrette and digging out ageing clothes from the back of the cupboard.

Yesterday's item, for a trip to the climbing wall: a t-shirt from a Ricky Hatton vs Kostya Tszyu fight in Manchester...way back in 2005.

That's a 10-year old t-shirt! Is it the oldest item of clothing I own? Probably, is the answer - although, I have a few pairs of suspect looking socks that might rival that t-shirt for the crown.

Tom Cridland - a Cambridge based clothing company and, by total coincidence, the name of a guy I lived with way back when that t-shirt was brand new - are planning to challenge my ten year old t-shirt with a 30 year old jumper.

30 years! Think of that!

Thankfully, I'm still young enough that if I did own an item that was 30-years old, it would most likely be a bib or baby grow. However, in another 30...who knows. I could be ridding my hover board down the street, with stone wash denim, giant white Nikes, and that same jumper.

That's if they get funding. So drop them a pound on their Kickstarter and help make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment